By the way I have worked 3 of the last 4 Sundays , since I made this post. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Till now; ripped from msnbc Of Bush's 154 targets, the Education Department would suffer the most losses: He would kill 48 of its programs worth $4.3 billion and cut two others.
They range from vocational education aid distributed to states and communities nationwide to the B.J. Stupak Olympic scholarships. It provides $1 million for athletes training at the four U.S. Olympic training centers "? including Northern Michigan University, in the district of the program's sponsor, Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich. The program is named for the lawmaker's late son.
Another nine Justice Department programs worth $1.5 billion would be erased, including grants for hiring local police officers and for communications equipment.
fact file Bush's Hit List
President Bush's 2006 budget proposes to terminate 99 programs (marked with a "T") for a savings of $8.8 billion and reduce another 55 (marked with an "R") for savings of $6.5 billion.
Bush has recommended 59 of the 99 terminations before. Twenty-seven of the 55 programs targeted for spending reductions have been previously submitted to Congress.
Agriculture Department
Agricultural Marketing Service biotechnology program T
Biomass research and development R
Broadband x R
CCC - Market Access program x R
Commodity Credit Corp. - bioenergy x R
Farm bill's agricultural management assistance R
Farm bill's conservation security program R
Farm bill's environmental quality incentives program x R
Farm bill's farm and ranchland protection x R
Farm bill's wildlife habitat incentives program x R
Federal in-house research x R
Forest Service capital improvements and maintenance R
Forest Service economic action program x T
Forest Service wildland fire management R
High cost energy grants x T
Initiative for future agriculture food systems x R
NRCS resource conservation and development program R
Natural Resources Conservation Service conservation operations x R
Natural Resources Conservation Service watershed and flood prevention operations x T
Renewable energy x R
Research and extension grant earmarks and low priority programs x T
Rural business investment program R
Rural firefighter grants x R
Rural strategic investment program R
Value-added grants x R
Water and wastewater grants and loans x R
Watershed rehabilitation x R
Commerce Department
Advanced technology program x T
Emergency steel guarantee loan program x T
Manufacturing Extension Partnership x R
Public telecommunications facilities, planning and construction program x T
Education Department
Comprehensive school reform x T
Educational technology state grants T
Even Start T
High school programs
Vocational education state grants T
Vocational education national activities x T
Tech prep state grants x T
Upward Bound T
Talent Search T
GEAR UP T
Smaller learning communities x T
Perkins Loans: capital contributions and loan cancellations T
Regional education laboratories x T
Safe and Drug Free Schools state grants T
Small elementary and secondary education programs
Javits gifted and talented education x T
National Writing Project x T
School leadership x T
Dropout prevention program x T
Close Up fellowships x T
Ready to Teach x T
Parental information and resource centers x T
Alcohol abuse reduction x T
Foundations for Learning T
Mental health integration in schools T
Community technology centers x T
Exchanges with historic whaling and trading partners x T
Foreign language assistance x T
Excellence in economic education T
Arts in education x T
Women's educational equity x T
Elementary and secondary school counseling x T
Civic education x T
Star schools x T
Smaller higher education programs
Higher education demonstration projects for students w/disabilities x T
Underground railroad program x T
Interest subsidy grants T
Small job training and adult education programs
Occupational and employment information x T
Tech-prep demonstration x T
Literacy programs for prisoners x T
State grants for incarcerated youth x T
Small postsecondary student financial assistance programs
LEAP x T
Byrd scholarships T
B.J. Stupak Olympic scholarships x T
Thurgood Marshall legal opportunity x T
Small vocational rehabilitation programs
Vocational rehabilitation recreational programs x T
Vocational rehabilitation migrant and seasonal workers x T
Projects with industry x T
Supported employment x T
Teacher quality enhancement program T
Adult education state grants R
State grants for innovation R
Energy Department
Environmental management R
Hydropower program T
Nuclear energy plant optimization x T
Nuclear energy research initiative x T
Oil and gas programs x T
Health and Human Services Department
ACF Early Learning Opportunities Fund x T
Administration for Children and Families Community Service Programs T
CDC Preventive Health and Health Services block grant T
CDC youth media campaign T
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention congressional earmarks x T
Direct service worker delivery grants T
Education payment program x R
HRSA Healthy Community access program x T
HRSA health facilities construction congressional earmarks x T
HRSA health professions x R
HRSA rural health x R
HRSA state planning grant program x T
HRSA trauma care x T
HRSA traumatic brain injury T
Health Resources and Services Administration Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical R
Health Resources and Services Administration emergency medical services for children T
Health Resources and Services Administration universal newborn hearing screening x T
Real Choice systems change grants T
State, local & hospital bioterrorism preparedness grants R
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration programs of regional and national significance R
Housing and Urban Development Department
HOPE VI x T
Housing for persons with disabilities x R
Native American housing block grant R
Public housing capital fund R
Interior Department
Bureau of Indian Affairs school construction R
Bureau of Land Management Jobs-in-the-Woods program T
Land and water conservation fund state recreation grants, National Parks Service T
National Heritage Area grants x R
National Park Service statutory aid T
Payments in lieu of taxes x R
Rural fire assistance (Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs) T
United States Geological Survey mineral resources program x R
Justice Department
Byrne discretionary grants x T
Byrne justice assistance grants T
COPS interoperable communications technology grants x T
COPS law enforcement technology grants T
Community Oriented Policing Services hiring grants T
Federal Bureau of Prisons construction program x R
High intensity drug trafficking areas program x R
Juvenile accountability block grants x T
Juvenile justice law enforcement assistance programs x R
National Drug Intelligence Center T
Other state/local law enforcement assistance program terminations T
State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) x T
Labor Department
International Labor Affairs Bureau x R
Migrant and seasonal farm worker training program x T
Office of Disability Employment Policy R
Reintegration of youthful offenders x T
Workforce Investment Act pilot and demonstration projects x R
State Department
Assistance for the independent states of the former Soviet Union R
Transportation Department
FAA - Airport improvement program R
Federal Aviation Administration - facilities and equipment R
Federal Railroad Administration - next generation high speed rail R
National defense tank vessel construction program T
Railroad rehabilitation infrastructure financing loan program T
Treasury Department
Internal Revenue Service - taxpayer service R
Enviromental Protection Agency
Alaska Native villages R
Clean water state revolving fund R
Unrequested projects x T
Water quality cooperative agreements T
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Aeronautics: vehicle systems program R
Hubble Space telescope robotic servicing mission T
Jupiter icy moons orbiter R
Other agencies
National Archives and Records Administration: National Historical Publications and Records Commission R
National Veterans Business Development Corporation T
Postal Service: revenue forgone appropriation T
SBA: Small Business investment company participating securities program T
Small Business Administration: Microloan program T
U.S. Institute of Peace, construction of new building R
Source: The Associated Press
* An x after a program's name indicates Bush has targeted it before. "? Print this
Ole Bush sure don't act like he cares much for our kids, I don't see any oil companies on there, lots of rural programs, hope everyone enjoys the CUTS since he is OUR prez. hahahaha I guess I'll just have to start working Sundays, too. That way I can keep up with these cuts by funding my share personally , hope you all don't mind giving up your days off! BUSH in 08 BURN BABY
By the way I have worked 3 of the last 4 Sundays , since I made this post. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
OPEC controlls the oil prices, guys.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
I made an observation that he was in the oil business and there were problems.......
Did I vote for him no I didn't, I didn't like Kerry either, we were a country divided when it came to that, so anywhere you go you will find someone that has some problems with Republican vs Democrat, another sparking issues the whole Terri Schiavo (sp?) deal again has been turned into a democrat vs republican thing (that is a human life not a d@mn debate if you ask me) But we are being run into the ground. Raises are not matching the cost of living, people can't afford to work in some cases, my step dad has a trucking co in central Va, what is that doing to him, what is it doing to the trucks that run around here? This is crazy, it is not a political debate anymore, it is beyond that. I bust my a$$ working, it all goes to paying for gas so I can do my job, and now when I retire it looks like there will be nothing there for me either, a good no win situation. The economy sucks the current way things are going sucks and apparently it is no one's fault and we have no other choices, spare me that crap. I want what most people want, I don't care to be rich, I want a nice place to live (not expensive but livable) I want to be able to provide for my kid and give her things I could not have when I was growing up, and I want to be able to live without having to worry constantly how I will make it to the next pay check. I don't think that is too much to ask of this great country to help in that. But sorry for the rambling, I think a lot of things are going to pot and if some one don't do something it will go to more than just pot.
As for Clinton....if you want him back in office just vote in Hillary same stinking difference
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
Uh yeah, and the amount of oil Iraq doesn't produce , isn't what made this into a market where they can raise prices? Why haven't they ALWAYS had the prices this high? It is sorta like playing a nickle defense, they will run on you if conditions are right.
Have it your way... I saw what was coming and I can walk to work. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
The gas prices hurt me as bad as the next guy. Ive supported Bush since day one and dont plan on changing any time soon. Gas is killing me right now, but I dont think the blame goes on Bushs shoulders or the Repubilcans. The Iranians are hitting us below the belt right now. They know without oil America cannot function and all the while Americans keep buying gas like its going out of style. Without the price increase noticable affecting the majority nothing will change. There is going to have to be some sort of boycott at the pumps, more car pooling, more gas efficient vehicles, and people just taking a stand and saying we arent going to drive any more than we have to and just buy enough gas to get by on. I dont know what the answer to this is but Ill be on the side of whoever can fix it be it democrat or republican. Yes Bush and Cheney have ties with oil companies, but thats like one of us sitting on a seam of coal, would you not want the millions of dollars from that coal that you are entitled to? The prices have nothing to do with Bush. Until Americans take a stand try their best not to give them any more of our money then we have to, then nothing is going to change. Im a nascar fan, but dont think if we stopped car racing and other useless things like that it would would a damper on gas sales and maybe begin to hurt them a little? I dont know....
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Its like the US doesn't want us to drive anywhere?
Whats the point in having a nice car or one let alone if you cant even afford the gas for it? This is pathetic.
Any chances of this going down anytime soon? Otherwise im spendin my paychecks on gas alone
I think you all are forgetting the huge jump of fuel consumption in China. they are buying more oil because of their boom and leaving less for the rest of us. supply and demand.
It is our own fault. how much do we waste? As a country we are self absorbed in the "my way" mentality. When was the last time we made a real effort to recycle? How about putting the pressure for alternative fuel's and more gas-electric cars?
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Your right there starbuck. Been guilty of that myself the recycling part. I seen now where some states are talking about tax breaks and incentives, for those who use alternative fuel vehicles. May be something all will look at later.
Bookmarks